Thursday, September 8, 2016

Winter Is Coming

The famous phrase from the infamous Stark family. If you have no idea what I'm talking about I highly suggest taking the time to read The Game of Thrones. Now I won't lie, I kind of cheated because as I was reading book one and two, I began watching Season 1 Episode 1 and became addicted to both the books and the TV series. The books are captivating to say the least and George R R Martin delivers in bringing out all sorts of emotions, entertainment presents itself on every page, you become educated on ancient cities, cultures, and creatures, and you are immersed into a world that can show you a way of life you never thought possible. I quickly fell in love with a family who wasn't perfect, but for the most part loved one another for who they were. I was introduced to dire wolves, which lead to my heart breaking, but made me appreciate the love my own dog showers me in daily. The struggles each individual family member went through had me cheering at their triumphs, irritably yelling at their not so smart decisions, balling through their heart aches, and leaves me wanting to go back in time to meet them. In a world where you never know who you will meet next, or who the next person to die will be, you are constantly left on the edge of your seat.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Game of Thrones! Unfortunately, I haven't had time to read the books yet, but I'm completely caught up on the show! I can't wait for the next season!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete